Most people won’t go there because it’s either too scary, too painful, or we just pretend it will never happen to us. But ready or not, there’s a 100% certainty that death will eventually get up close and personal with every one of us. Here are 10 mind-blowing but worthwhile questions to ponder about your own death… if you are willing to really think about it:
- What scares you the most about dying?
- What are some not-so-scary things about dying that don’t really bother you?
- When you die, would you rather be awake and aware, or sedated and oblivious? Why?
- What would be the best thing about a quick death? The worst thing?
- What do you think you will regret the most when you are dying?
- What is something you want to be remembered for?
- What is something you do not want to be remembered for?
- Who will carry out your final wishes when you die? How will they know what those wishes are?
- Does the certainty that you are going to die affect the way you live your life right now? If so, how? And if not, why not?
- What three words would you use to describe your own attitude about death and dying?
These questions come from: Mortalls – The Death-Positive Conversation Game